How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow direct file attachment to Planner Tasks in TEAMS

Provide ability to attach a document to a Planner Task from your Desktop (like you can do in a SP task).  Today, you have to upload the document into Teams first, then open your Planner Task and then attach by referencing the previously uploaded document.

190 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love the idea of being able to attach multiple files/drag and drop into a specific folder that is automatically created for the channel/task

Please add this feature. This is the reason why no one in my office wants to use Teams. They have to open planner in order to attacha file. Does not make sense as Teams is the hub.

Please provide an update on where you think this fits in the release roadmap or if it is even being considered. For tasks purposes, this would be great! Having same experience within and on online version would be great!

• Emilio Rinaudo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having that possibility is essential.
        If teams is meant to be a hub for office 365 it need this button too.

The absence of this feature alone deters most people in my office from embracing teams.

Hello, I think its great you can attach files to tasks, but not being able to automate where these files are in the "Files" folder is troublesome. For example, it would be great to see a file uploaded under a task in the "Marketing" bucket, be sent to a "Marketing" folder in the "Files" section of Microsoft Planner.

Right now the documents from the whole team just get sent into "Files".

• Jim Killeen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would very much like this feature as well - just getting started with Teams and Planner, and anything that makes the workflow look clunky / complex / arduous will give people an excuse to bypass the whole Teams architecture. Everything else has been pretty intuitive so far, and then I hit this and the intuitiveness-factor went through the floor :( Love the rest, though!

We use Teams as our standard communication tool. Not beeing able to add files to Planner Tasks keeps us from using the tool. Please add the feature.
        Sometimes adding files is available and often not. There seems to be a bug.

• Stephan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. I don't how to explain this to my IT dyslexics.
        Thanks!

• ariel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES - it's a bit ridiculous that I can't just drag an email or file over to planner and have it create a task.

• El3Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is a absolute must, If I take a screenshot for example almost every tool that I have ever used allows me to paste it into a task. Having to upload it manually to sharepoint, then attach to ticket is not so useful. This I would have thought it would be day 1 feature.

• Diane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes this would be a great functionality to add! Please add it ASAP!!!!!!

• Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hopefully it will be implemented soon enough. Right now our workaround is to create a custom Website tab and copy/paste your Planner ULR there. Not the clean look of a built in Planner tab, but the file feature works that way.

• Rick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems crazy that this feature isn't already available. Please sort it MS.

• Carlo Reggiani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

No way to add a document in a Planner Task and find it in the Teams channel documents area????? Crazy! I need it!!!

• Guillaume commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree with other comments. It does not make sense this option is not available in planner using the team app.

• Aliona commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would be a very useful feature. I hope it will be implemented soon :)

I was also surprised, that this feature is only available direct in planner . It's difficult to explain the user, why it's in the Planner App but not in Teams.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base