Speech to text meeting notes
Using the technology of speech to text, have meetings record meeting notes in a text format based on what was spoken about in the meeting.
Hi! I’m happy to let you know this feature is actively being worked on. We’ll keep you posted!
Alex & The Teams team
Hi! Just to provide a bit of info & context I got with great help from Microsoft (Ana, Michael & Michael – thanks! :-) )
- Functionality in essence does exist – MS Streams is accessible from MS Teams, and transcript functionality is part of MS Streams via Transcript Editor or via Captions file download.
- With help of internal MS experts, Service Request #119012219575752 was placed through which I tried to ask for Transcript editor to be able to do SelectAll/PasteAll – but response was that Transcript editor was not designed for that purpose
- As a separate request, there is also DCR # 28892 asking for transcript download (similar to captions file download, but without the need to filter out captions specific stuff but rather to get just recorded text)
- Of course, captions file can easily be used today (with a bit of filtering/sorting – you can get clear text… tried it - works)
- But – it seems major issue is audio quality and speech recognition engine itself (https://medius.studios.ms/Embed/Video/BRK3200?sid=BRK3200 ) . Basically, I did not succeed to get good enough quality of transcript that would serve as good enough transcription – or – that would serve at least as good enough basis for brief manual edit that can then produce good enough transcription … weird sentences, wrong words etc so it ended up rather me listening to recording one more time to write notes then to use/edit transcript
- situations when people dial-in instead of using app/data connection, different conference rooms with different mic quality, people making noise etc etc seem to limit real usage currently to slow speaking non-dialect non-complicated meetings of 2-3 people all connecting from their devices without dial-in and via headphones/mic. Of course, it might be that I just did not do enough testing or did not do it in a right way
So – looking forward to next MS Teams steps in making automated meeting notes taking really work!
John Nuttall commented
This would be a very useful addition
We are using the recorder in interviews and like to convert the recorded speech to text for further processing/editing.
Eddie Jameson commented
Please make this a mobile/office 365 e utility. This could help so much with so many things.
Aaron Miller commented
When is speech to text meeting notes landing? It will be a game changer for many!
Matthew Day commented
Also would be nice for chat...
This is absolutely required and will bring more quality talks and will be useful to recall the discussion to the right Stakeholders to office meetings.
Mark McGuire commented
Would be a nice feature to have the transcription and audio/video recording in all versions. It's becoming a core feature in other platforms. Zoom Pro does this very well.
Najah S commented
This something I've been hoping for since my team has started using MS Teams. Hopefully this get pulled from the backlog soon. I'm hearing impaired and attend a lot of meetings throughout the week (Sprint planning, Groomings, Daily Scrums, etc.)
when can you guys have this feature in GA ?
It would be nice if we could vote up comments on Uservoice subjects.
It would be great to be able to also record meetings where everyone is in one boardroom, with AI being able to differentiate between users using voice recognition from one recording device, so that minutes can still be kept this way.
So critical in today's world - I cant believe it's not there already.
Is it already available ? If not, when the transcription will be GA ?
Nathan Berger commented
Specifically: "Cloud recording—Will provide one-click meeting recordings with automatic transcription and timecoding, enabling all team members the ability to read captions, search within the conversation, and playback all or part of the meeting. In the future, it will also include facial recognition, so remarks can be attributed to specific meeting attendees."
Aaron Hatton commented
This is a must have for accessibility
Matt B commented
please get this actioned and in place as it will generate more users of Microsoft teams. Thank yoy
this would be absolutely amazing.
M K commented
It would be nice to add Video/audio recording on Teams. Most of us use this
I heard at a recent MS Tech Summit that this feature is available. I must be incorrect. Is there a proposed release date for the video recording in teams?