How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Let Guest access work like SharePoint guest access.

Let Guest access work like SharePoint guest access.
Currently guest users are required to have a Teams subscription in their own tenant. It would be very helpful if guest access in Teams would function like guest access in SharePoint Online, including restricting the ability to invite guests to only those already in the Azure Active Directory associated with the tenant.

29 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Stefan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stan Drozdetski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is absolutely critical for us. We are bringing our external users as "guests" and are also using auto-accelerate (on the SharePoint Online side) to auth users via a 3rd-party identity provider. It is highly discouraging that this doesn't work the same way for Teams.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have successfully added an external user with a Gmail account to our Azure AD. I am unable to invite the external user to a Team. I receive "You are not authorized" message when I select the Add button. I have all required permissions set appropriately, so I'm led to believe this error is because the guest user does not have a Teams subscription.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.