How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

microsoft teams search feature sucks.

When you search MicrosoftTeams you should be able to go to that point in a particular conversation rather than just see the single chat message that contains your search item. Without this, there is no point and it makes me want to never use Teams again.

33 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why in the world can I all of a sudden not get into to TEAMS? I was gone for a short time, but my computer never changed. Now I'm locked out, it won't accept a new password, the form just SITS THERE LIKE A STUMP after inputting the code to prove I'm not a non-human. I hate it, but I have to get in somehow - HELP!

• Graham Pinkston commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I know a string I used during a convo several months ago, I search that string and I get that ONE message... but what I want to see is the rest of the convo above and below that string. Search should take you to the point in time of that convo... you know... a feature Slack has had for YEARS and your products are built on the EXACT same platform. Microsoft gets worse each and every day. Good luck with the impending layoffs since you can't even come close to your competition!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"...there is no point and it makes me want to never use Teams again." i completely agree. its astounding how useless search is.

• Bryan Gruhlke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 to this. Finding one specific message is rarely the goal, but rather finding the messages surrounding your search term. I don't want to scroll through a year of conversations to find something.

• Fabio Alves commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need a simple "ctrl+f" search in current chat screen. Any program have this feature, since Notepad until Google Chrome!

• Emily Propp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is required! The current search is useless as is. I hate not being able to find things unless I know EXACTLY what I'm looking for, because if the person sent multiple messages in a row and I only remember part of one, I'm toast.

• NonYour Business commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft, Teams will need more work to be better. A welcome item is you can pin a person to person conversations. But you cannot pin group messages to look into later on. That is a staple for my job. You need to make this happen.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be nice to be able to Search for certain Channels. As of Nov 2018, it seems the mobile app only let's you search and find People and Messages. If I need to jump to a certain Channel, I need to manually browse to it which sucks when you have 80 to 100 Channels in a "Team".

• Jenner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has anyone work on this yet? It's pointless just seeing the single chat message you are searching for, and need to scroll up on that date just to see the conversation.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.