How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Default Tab for Channels (Not Conversation)

Allow Admins to set a Default Tab when users open a Channel.

98 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ian Kessler shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Roger Torres commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must. It would make Teams usable for a far wider range of users. Having the ability to default tab the Wiki tab, specifically, suddenly makes channels far more user friendly.

• Dulcey Sprague commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is EXTREMELY important for usability. We can't even use the Files link on the right pane to as a direct link to the files because it shows files they don't have access to in teams. That needs to be fixed as well.

• Jeremy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is really important. please put this in for owners of teams to be able to set default tabs for new channels

• Robert Blount commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have just been asked about changing the default tab away from conversations to planner and had to say no you cannot do it. So I have two votes on this from my company

• Tamra King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We cannot effectively guide the Team members toward effective use of a specific Tab in a Channel if we cannot make it the default user landing tab for that Channel. With no ability to even send a link to a Tab, the default member experience for that team is not configurable at all. If we cannot provide a link to a Tab in a Channel, then it is a must to be able to set a Default Tab for each Channel. Conversations are not the central goal of many teams.

• Darren Edgerly commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agreed. Wiki's are not portable like OneNotes so I would vote to reduce default tabs to Conversations & Files and leave Wiki as an option to add.

• Rebecca Hill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be incredibly useful for our organisation. Having the ability to customize the default tab seems like a must in the current working environment. We have tabs that are far more vital to our work than conversations, moving the conversations tab would greatly improve our workflow!

Feedback and Knowledge Base