How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add Option to disable Store Function

This is related to the below Option.

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/18585292-ability-to-disable-some-tab-app-tiles

Have received several requests from companys requesting that they need to limit what apps the user can add to a team.

Admins should have the ability to not only limit what tabs/apps the users see but also disable the Store feature completely.

65 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You also give users the ability to download the standalone Team App "Get App"..I don't want users downloading the app...I want them using the Web version.
    You have taken control away from Admin's, and Teams can't be used in the real Business world.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Too bad Teams is useless...You give users the ability to do whatever they want and install whatever apps they want...won't work for businesses....waste, waste waste

• Darren MacLeod commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant deploy this in the wild without the ability to turn the store off. I cant support users using 100's of apps.

• Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why hasn't o365 been packaged as a "secure" offering? It seems like this was rushed out and there are tons of security hole's that we are finding on our attempt at a rollout... C'mon Microsoft... we expect way more...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know why Store isn't off by default.

Least privilege principle should be applied always

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feature of limiting the apps and/or disabling store would be a great additional feature. This will not only help the administrators to be able to control what the users are accessing but will also be in compliant with Infosec requirements.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please grant Admins the ability to remove all Store links from Office 365 apps. Highly regulated companies can't run the risk of users trying to sideload non-approved apps. Even if they can't connect to them because IT blocks access it's a huge change management nightmare.

What's worse is that MS Teams casually prompts users to click on the Store and add Dropbox and other apps that would never pass compliance/security approvals...

• Andreas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to see features to disable rather than hide. The team admins where I work has all apps banned as default so to enable one you have to request it. However the problem is how can I request enabling an app when I can't see it?

So instead of outright hiding and removing apps I think there should be an option to just disable the install button. Then the users would still be able to brows and find useful apps. Taking it one step further, the button could be changed to a request access button instead of disabling it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.