How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Disable Audio, Video, and Desktop sharing by user

Our users are spread across the globe, with varying bandwidth strength and local policies on video calling. We desperately need the ability to enable audio, video, and desktop sharing in Teams only to a subset of users (either by users or by location). We are able to do this with Skype, so makes sense to do the same in Teams.

47 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Amy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • raymund c commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft Program Managers, is there any thoughts on this? dozens of remote offices and not all have high-speed links.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At the school I work at, we use Teams to complement the classes. In grades 9-12, each student attends with a computer to class, there they take notes on OneNote and the teacher uses OneNote Class Note Book. Now we have a problem, the students use the video call service and get distracted. It would be nice to have the opportunity to disable this service so that students are not distracted in class.

This should have been a NATIVE feature day one. How can MS think to roll out a VoIP/Video Conferencing solution without the ability to control bandwidth or even the abilities at a per user level? To me, Teams is still in beta. Too many core functions are still missing.

• Justin Marshall commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is very frustrating that i cannot disable screens shared by the presenter on my phone. if the quality is poor it prompts to switch to audio only but when i clicked that nothing happened. but i want to prevent it in the first place as i don't want to use the video data on my phone. i use my computer for the video (although having problems joining meetings there).

Additionally it would be great for a user with less than optimal bandwidth to disable the video of other participants during a meeting (the users with better bandwidth would still have video).

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.