How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

@mention Post From Flow Does Not Work

When using Flow to post a message to a Team channel, the @mention does not trigger a notification. The text of the message is simply the "@mention" that was typed. Please enable a text recognition of @mention to enable the notification as though it were being typed directly in Teams.

134 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Scott Byrd shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mathias commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Upvoted! This could be a great tool to create visibility and ease of use for receiving important notifications.

• Mike Atkinson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Repost from the Office365 message center:

MC175361
    Stay Informed
    Published On : March 6, 2019
    We are enabling the Flow app endpoint within Teams to allow the creation of a flow with the resulting action of “messaging someone in my tenant with Teams”.

This enhancement is related to Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID Microsoft 365 Roadmap IDs 49149.

This change does not impact Office 365 subscriptions in GCC.

We will begin rolling this out at the beginning of April and expect to be complete by the end of April.

• Tim C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the @mention, my Planner to Teams Flow is not as effective as it could be. Look forward to this addition soon!

• JW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this feature. Need it for team notifications after a post from Flow to teams.

• Joacim Eldre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Upvoted! This is a great feature request, we have several teams where this feature is more or less required on several occasions daily.

Please implement this or something similar. (:

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have just created a Flow to post messages from our Ticket system into Teams.
    Unfortunately the Mentioning does not work yet - so we have to check actively if there is a new ticket.

So the mention function would be very helpful.

• Nathan Berger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be really helpful, as it would (semi) allow a user to get a Teams notification from a flow. Really looking for a better way to do this, but still could be useful.

• PM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This! And we also need a way to trigger the important feature

Yep - a very important feature. Teams has really taken off with Clients and the sooner we have this feature the better.

I'm trying to inform the team via an @mention there is a new forms submission, and I need this feature

I'm trying to automate my team's daily status posts with Flow, and I need this feature

Feedback and Knowledge Base