How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Chat with users from other tenants/organizations

I would like to have option to find people from other organizations/tenants and chat with them.
1/ Teams user to teams user.
2/ Teams user to Skype for Business user.

41 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Miki shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • David McKnight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Having to change tenants to use the features of Teams is the primary reason we have been slow to deploy to our clients. They are not going to think to switch to our tenant to check to see if there is anything worth looking at -- they need to be proactively notified to look (and the little number above the tenant switch is not it). They need to get a banner that says a message has come in, or an @mention is there -- or there is other activity in a channel they are following. Without this, the collaboration promise falls way short.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the principal issue I find for adopting Teams. When I am in a teams call, I cannot see or answer chats from other organizations.

• Ben commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1 , the need to switch between orgs to see new chat messaged in other orgs is really inconvenient and blocks effective collaboration across companies.

• Hrvoje Kusulja commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am also interested in chatting with other accounts which are outside organization, without having for me, or them, to switch account inside teams app.

• Tom Foster commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have regional Office 365 Tenants and being able to chat between them without switching from one account to another (primary in local tenant to guest in another tenant) is critical functionality for a collaboration tool.

Feedback and Knowledge Base