How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Share live location

I really like the location feature in 2016 Business Skype. It know when I move between my two facilities at work and it also remembers my home location. This should be a feature in Microsoft Teams.

Dale

183 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Dale Manske shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Matt Bender commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As others have mentioned, this is a key feature that is holding us back from migrating all users from SfB to Teams. Being able to communicate to all users where you are physically located makes everyone more efficient. Example - can I get up and walk to someone's office to have a face to face conversation, or are they at a different office/home today?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tim Jacks & Scott Regnier’s comments below are spot on. We were recently forced to migrate to MS Teams from Skype for Business and immediately were at a disadvantage. Please mirror the location functionality we had in Skype.

• Tim Jacks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We use the Skype location feature as part of our company remote working policy, so that we know when a colleague is working at home. As users only have to set the location once in Skype, for each location, this feature greatly helps reduce the burden on employees to remember to set the location every time they work from home, and so everyone adheres to the policy with very few exceptions. Teams is fantastic, but the loss of this feature will be a step backwards for us in how we work together.

• Scott Regnier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is important information that helps our users know where we are, in office or working from home. They avoid stopping over to our office to ask for help if they see we're someplace esle. Having it automatically show base on our IP address worked nicely. This definitely needs to be added.

• Scott Leach commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In my Company we have days we are remote, days we are in different offices, etc. having this allows me to know if i need to reach my team by cell phone or by extension if we need an external customer call.

• Koen De Bruyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let us be clear: "Share Location" is already available in TEAMS (sharing your location once), this vote is about "Share LIVE Location" which means that your location will be shared permanently as long as you want and with whom you want it.

• M Tayal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

share location in chat just implemented; how can we validate details about this feature, please suggest link

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.