How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Please extend the Teams Mobile App to work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

I'm often on the road and my company relies heavily on online meetings :-) So, we are starting to leverage Teams meetings more and more, so when I'm in my car I need an easy way to join meetings and maybe also read messages. While this is way easier now, than it was in SfB Mobile (thanks!) it would be awesome to have an Android Auto / Apple CarPlay Extension to have a somewhat easier and "nearly hands-free" user experience. This would make me much more productive, even if I'm traveling :-)

522 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sven N. shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ray commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Zoom provides this feature, and it works very well. It would be great to see parity

• Lars Roth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That would be really great, I Love the Android Car app and assitant for speach to Text. Please move it from backlog into the best Sprint! Thank you!

• Paleogirl2003 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Was about to post my own about this. Andoid auto support would be great to be able to join meetings (audio only), mute/unmute yourself, get reminders, even read chats aloud etc.

• TJ Jablonowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

was wondering if there is any update on this, with us preparing to deploy corporate wide not being able to use it with automobiles is a problem when your company covers most of the state...

• Kris Vigfusson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We really need Android Auto and CarPlay support, drive mode is a good step in the right direction but full support is required. My team works on road and the amount of time-sensitive information that slips through our fingers during times of peak usage is disheartening. I use Android Auto for a number of other schedule and time management tools with voice commands so I'm not about to drop that in favor of 'Drive Mode' long-term.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

CarPlay and Android Auto are rapidly becoming the standard among infotainment options across the the automotive industry. Integration of Teams to these platforms, that many of us use daily, would be a massive quality of life upgrade and a safety solution in fighting distracted driving. Simply being able to join calls and have a meeting call you back on cellular would be a game changer.. I spend 10 hours a day on calls every 30.. much of it mobile.. the addition of a solution like this, as well as improving dial-in detection, would be my areas of focus.

• Daniel Harris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I remember something like this being shown off previously as a concept. You had a fake car interior on stage to demonstrate joining from the car, then taking the meeting from phone to PC without ever dropping from it to reconnect on another device

• Brian Aurich commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An ability in Android Auto to join Team calls on my calendar and easily mute/unmute are my key asks here. I'm not sure if Android enables communications/conference call apps to integrate in this way, however, it is a pain (and dangerous!) to switch out of Android Auto and into Teams while I'm in my car to join a call.
    The chat integration for 1:1 messages to come through like an SMS and to reply via voice would also be useful (and maybe more feasible since this option exists for other messaging clients). However, it is a 2nd priority to joining calls for me.

• Matt Young commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like to echo the sentiment that this would vastly improve my productivity if I could participate in Teams meetings via Android Auto.

• Marc Winter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very important feature. The lack of Android Auto support is the only cause why our workers are still using Telegram when they're on the road.

• Michael J Walsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great feature. This would simplify the lives of the "road warriors", and make our "mobile offices" more full featured. As long as Car Play/AA doesn't allow for screen sharing unless the car is in park, I think an expanded feature Teams using the LCD screen via CarPlay and AA would be great.

• Nichoals A. Hay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Drive mode is okay but this would make it so you don't have to pick up and handle the phone while you are driving and allow you to use the steering wheel controls to manage the call.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. The new drive mode looks useful for people who use a dash/windscreen mount, but an increasing number of cars now support CarPlay and AA, eliminating the need for a mount and mean the phone is usually hidden away somewhere

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base