How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Assigning a user a Planner task from a private team gives users access to team

We have a private team set up for our managers. One of the managers assigned a user a task and that user was added to the team's user list.

This may be by design, but there was no feedback or warning that assigning a task outside the team would give that user access.

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Nathan Anderson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrea Frehner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi
    I was also looking for this Feature. We have a Privat Team and we would like so assign a Single Task to someone out of the Team. This single User should only see this single Task and not the whole Board.

• Juanpa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need this implemented too, I do not know why a collaboration tool do not allow assign task to people that are not member of your team, without need to add it as a member of the team. I want assign a task to someone and only have access to that task if it is not member of my team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.