How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Option to disable banner while still receiving notification

We would like to have an option that disables the pop-up notification but still allows the icon to blink on the taskbar, like Skype or Skype for Business.
Currently we only have the option to have the pop-up banners which are intrusive on a single screen setup, or to disable them completely.

17 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Danielle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Carl Harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just been trying to disable the pop-up banner as it interferes with other work I'm doing and presentations, but there doesn't seem to be an easy way to do this (and one option for all notification types). Need to turn off the banner while still letting the icon flash.

• G H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The banners are intrusive on a single screen set-up while I am working with two panes, which I have to do only periodically. There is no quick way to disable all banners, as you have to go through and manually change about 12 different banner notification options every time under "Settings." I would like to be able to work for an hour without the nuisance of the banners taking up screen space, but then be able to revert to previous settings and get the banners back in just a few clicks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.