How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Usage stats per team

We need to be able to see usage stats per team in admin center. Current stats show usage per user. This tells us very little as a user can be a member of multiple teams. Business area owner and rollout/adoption managers want to be able to select a team and see how much activity per week/month etc. In our case, this is the only metric that they're interested in.

124 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Damien shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why can't Team owners see usage / uptake etc. stats for their Teams? Yammer has had this feature for years and year. This is a huge hindrance for driving adoption and demonstrating value

• Dipendra Paudel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Team,
        I just finish the Moodle Integration with office 365. We also able to view the moodle courses in Team.
        I have some requirement i an not seen any way to retrieve this.
        - From moodle we want to access "Logging Features should be available about teachers, student's entry and exit duration"
        -Setup class/meeting by teacher from within Moodle

• Ed Waldschmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the reporting is a good start but need the reports by team giving activity like documents read or logging into.

• Andrew Eng commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also need this such individual Teams report to show (In Days/Months/Years):
        - Teams members who are active/inactive per Teams channel.
        - Teams members who have posted/responded the most per Teams channel.
        - Teams members who have read/edited the files that were uploaded/posted per Teams Channel.

Best, if such individual Teams report can be generated by the Teams Owner him/herself.

• Tracy Terrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need to be able to report on which messages are seen by members of a team. We could use the "Like" button as a more affirmative indication of who saw a message, but can I run a "who hasn't liked the message yet" report - within a team/channel?

• Andrew Piskai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with a lot of the sentiment below---having per Team feedback would be awesome---especially if integrated with Power BI. Needs to be filterable by different date horizons (week, month, year, lifetime?).
        -# of Posts
        -# of Likes
        -# of Comments
        -# of special content shared (i.e. the clown award) for posting GIFs, etc.

It'd be nice if slicing/dicing by Channel were an option too.

• S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely include this!! This would be very helpful upgrade from a project management standpoint.

• Geraldine S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would add that a Teams usage report should be available to the team owners as well as in the O365 Admin center.

• Matthew Hardman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like this as a Channel manager, I do not have access to the admin center, yet I am a manager of a channel, and would like to know if users are actively visiting and reading even if they are not contributing.

Feedback and Knowledge Base