How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

screen sharing sucks

How is that the free version Skype screen sharing have no issues, at the same time the paid version (Teams) always have issues, even though the teams screen share is a wrapper on existing skype?

43 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Techwryte shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a fast computer and 100MB lease line. My one on one Teams video meetings with application sharing are virtually unusable after 5 minutes. Its embarrassing, particularly as a Microsoft partner conferencing with clients. This threads goes back a bit, really sucks that this hasn't been sorted.

I was planning on doing a webinar using Teams to my customers to demo some Office 365 features. Difficult to explain why I have to use Webex!

• Mike H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have on two separate Team Meetings recently used Share Tray to display Desktop Excel Spreadsheet and after a few minutes and changing / updating my spreadsheet Excel freezes and will not show any changes. Its like the screen updating just stops. Is this a bug in Teams - Sharing Screen?

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there a way to stop this from happening?

Should I be using Excel online instead?

Any advice or guidance will be much appreciated

• Simon Earnshaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why is part of the UI greyed out with ArcGIS Pro when I share the screen with my colleague. Not helpful.

• HK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Screen sharing with "give control" will make the remote user get the keyboard layout of the computer with the shared screen. Why??? (Skype for business for O365, 16.0.10730.20264, on Windows 10 Enterprise).

As soon as I start sharing my screen through Teams, my entire computer slows down. Everything takes 3x as long to open and load webpages. It makes it very difficult and inefficient to have team meetings when everything is so slow. Doing the exact same actions while sharing my screen via Webex has no slowness. Please fix this!

our team is constantly have this problem. Teams freeze after or during screen share :(

• skype-sux commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Remove Skype from office365and give us $$$ back.

Skype-biz screen-sharing freeze from time to time, delay all the time.....
    it sucks

• Luis Lira commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just to share my experience with 'screen share' under MS Teams. We use Skype a lot in Support for screen sharing. After having two different sessions today on two different meetings, I had repeated issues with slowness and controls of the remote sessions. My scroll wheel changed from scrolling to minimize/maximize font's on the fly. It also randomly changed to throwing out various 'controls' to the remote server and opening different windows on the remote server. Had it thrown out the right sequence, it might have rebooted a server since it had been able to get the start command up. Enough of a problem for me to stop controlling and talk the other person sharing their screen through the work we needed to complete. If it had rebooted the client's database server, that would have been a disaster to explain it happened because we're using a new software that doesn't work correctly and we didn't know. That is inefficient, frustrating and embarrassing. That never happens with Skype. Also, the more people you add to the video sessions, then sharing becomes slower and network load increases. This show's more on connections like mine (DSL). I have a no-confidence vote in using this software to replace Skype in my 1st realistic heavy day.

Feedback and Knowledge Base