How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Planner view at Team level - not just a Planner per Channel

Finding it frustrating to have individual planners for each channel. I want to see all planner items for the complete team.
Please consider having a Team level planner and having a per channel filter on this; or a means of automatically aggregating channel level planners at the Team level.

86 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Darius M Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This topic is significant for us as well.
    As long as this has been a thread, I'm surprised to see no progress on this topic.
    Any chance of learning whether this has any traction?

• Kevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i'd like to be abble to aggregate at at team level, but it would be good to even be able to see aggregate all the team i'm part of.

as manager i need to look into 35 team that contain a lot of channel in each, so it's almost impossible to have a global looks of the operations.

• Jay H. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The only way currently to combat this is to have a single planner for the team with many, many buckets (one for each project/channel). This is fine for the first ten buckets, but we have ~50 buckets now simply to be able to see current overall progress. The fact you have to re-order by dragging and dropping instead of an alpha-numeric toggle AND the "Add New Bucket" feature is at the very end of the bucket list has made planner unrealistic to use company wide unfortunately.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're trying to use teams as a project management tool, but not having a roll-up feature/aggregator between teams to our director is frustrating. Essentially she just wants an overview of all tasks that are assigned to each team. Having to go to each and every single team is time consuming.

• Richard Anter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our dev team absolutely needs this. The dev manager needs to be able to see all tasks on which his teams are working.

I also like this because I have lists of things I personally need to do (change my login password, look for something in lost and found, etc.) that I'd like to view in Teams.

My workaround is I'll click the "more apps" icon (three horizontal dots) on the left menu, then Planner and I'm essentially there. It would be nice if I could choose to put apps I've installed on this left menu, like a dock.

• Michael Stewart commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally, one level higher where you could see the tasks of all your direct reports or tasks that you created and assigned to others.

Additionally, it would be useful if I could add Planner on the bar on the left to give me an aggregate view rather than manage on a per channel basis.

• Callista commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To add to this, the Team-level Planner view should enable SCHEDULE/calendar view, the way Planner online has it for individual plans.

The team-level planner view is an executive view - a must-have for those of us who manage a lot of people and projects

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.