How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Provide audit trail for Planner task edits

Changes can be made to the characteristics of a task, e.g., description or due date, without any audit trail. It would be extremely helpful to know which user made changes and when.

104 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bob Eulberg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

10 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Priscilla commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree! MS teams need to provide an audit trail. E.g if John Smith re-assigns a task to Julie Rock I as a member of the project team should see this at the bottom of the task, with a date and time stamp and the name of the person who did the change.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear all, that´s critical ! and should be not difficult to do it. As a workaround you can create a ms flow linked to a sharepoint and receive a notification everytime a new task is added / modified..unfortunately I have not find the connector when a taks it is cancelled. Best regards.

Currently comparing Planner to Monday.com. There is no audit trail in Planner that I can find, while Monday.com provides one.

• Kris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

100% agree. Without a full audit log for any changes made to a task there is absolutely no accountability. Changes to due dates, buckets etc are critical and mean we can't move to Planner from our other project management tools like Asana.

• Artem Makaryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

additionally we should know and track which changes were made in case of accidental deletion of important data

Agree with this very much. I use Planner to keep track of where my teams projects are and not being able to quickly and easily see whether the card has been moved from one bucket to another. I much prefer Planner to Trello, but it's this one thing that's making me consider changing back over.

• Pierre Magloire commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

VERY good suggestion!!!, on the teacher side for Teams. auditing which student open a document or assignment or the message we send them should be mandatory

Feedback and Knowledge Base