How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Control auto-status changes.

The user needs to be able, in the Teams client, to better control their status. For instance, there is no way to control when and how the status changes based on different states the user may be in. For example, even though I am logged into Teams, using the desktop client, and the system is not locked, it still sets me to "Away". There is no control for this behavior and it is not welcome because I am in fact there and available.

Likewise, it should be able to tie into Exchange Online and see what my calendar looks like. It should know to change my status when I am in a scheduled meeting that was on my calendar in Exchange Online.

I should be able to set how and when the client changes my status from Available to Away and back. If I want, it should automatically set me to away when the computer is locked, and back to Available when it is unlocked and mouse or keyboard activity is detected.

BTW: Thank you for the "Dark" theme in the newest release. However, it should also have a "Black" theme that matches the theme in the other Office apps and Windows 10 itself.

Many thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

22 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Richard Wessels shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.