Meeting Minutes Tool
It would be great to have the ability to have a meeting minutes tool included in OneNote that documents who is saying what and logs all of the conversations in chat, saves a recording, and has a file share library associated to each meeting, then it can be filed with other meetings or projects so everything is in one place.
This is still under review.
The ask for recording meeting is already completed you can see more details at – http://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103/suggestions/33534778
In addition to some of the earlier commenters my opinion upon the matter:
• You should be able to specify meetings in a ‘range’ or of a ‘type’ of meeting and ‘stand alone’ or ‘incidental’ meetings
• You schedule a meeting
• Invite people
• Add agenda items to be discussed (and all invited people can add items)
• Some items can be made 'static' so that they appear on every meeting
• When a meeting starts one can join live in one location or via remote (webcam etc)
• To have the meeting in an orderly manner it would be nice if attendees can 'raise a finger' for requesting to speak
• Meeting minutes should be added to the items
• Actions can evolve from discussions and should be recognizable in the meeting minutes and people should be added to the actione who have to do the actions. In a next meeting in the same range or of the same type, the actions should automatically be added to discuss the progress of that action
• Decisions can evolve from discussions and should be recognizable in the meeting minutes, perhaps even linked to a separate list.
• It should be possible to easily search all meeting minutes for a (combination) of words like you can search your mails
What Decisions (https://www.meetingdecisions.com) is doing in Teams with the help of Planner is EXACTLY what we need. This should be a built in feature. In the Meeting minutes it should be very easy to assign participants of the meeting or the teams tasks, which should be created in a planner or inserted into an existing planner, to track their progress. Jumping back in forth between documenting decisions, information and than tasks in a different app is just annoying. Please do this!
In a meeting you discuss issues and assign actions. Then at the next meeting we review the progress against these actions and agree on new actions etc. There is nothing in Teams (yet) that makes this easy and intuitive. We need an option to easily classify a paragraph in the meeting minutes as an action/task and assign it to someone. This action/task should show up in that persons ToDo list. If the task is completed it should be reflected in the meeting minutes as well. We need a solution that helps support how meetings are actually managed. In "ruum" from SAP they have implemented a smart solution for this with a simple "()" for classifying a task.
Hans Christian Bothmann commented
Is it possible to print out meeting notes in Teams?
Any effective meeting should have an agenda, meeting minutes (aka actions) should be taken and then in the next follow up meeting we review those actions and make additional ones. We are overloaded with functionality (Teams, Onenote, SP Lists, Planner, To-DO, Outlook) but none of these make managing a meeting easy and efficient. I don't want meeting actions (think tasks) ending up in individuals lists - Planner is good here but it doesn't hold the concept of a meeting easily. Either we end up with multiple plans for each meeting (too clunky) or we have to try and use buckets. The current teams meeting notes are next to useless for holding minutes and actions that can be tracked to completion and assigned to individuals or multiple people. Please can we have a solution designed by people who have managed organisations and people and are held accountable for making things happen.
As a user of teams and of one-note making one-not a "Capture Meeting notes in OneNote is huge. Adding a Workbook for a team ideally and possibly at a channel level] is massive. I can use the tags to mark-up content in the meeting notes to allow us to be more productive - e.g. capturing ideas and actions. The current meeting notes implementation using the wiki is very poor in comparison. Something like the Skype for business / exchange integration would be perfect so the OneNote page opens with the attendees listed etc.
I agree. This speaks directly to the foundation of what Teams is for, as well is as incorporation of S4B. This would be HUGE for anyone in the project management role.
I created a meeting notes in MS Teams desktop app, but the link doesn't generate a web URL. Is there a way to get a web URL since there is a SharePoint modern Teams site associated?
Mike DePouw commented
Benoit Fournier commented
A way to share the agenda would make it a complete meeting solution.
- During:online meeting;
Jonathan Berger commented
Yes! A recording, notes section, attendance, and an approvals section.
This is a genius idea. Please move forward with this.