How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Meeting Minutes Tool

It would be great to have the ability to have a meeting minutes tool included in OneNote that documents who is saying what and logs all of the conversations in chat, saves a recording, and has a file share library associated to each meeting, then it can be filed with other meetings or projects so everything is in one place.

188 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any effective meeting should have an agenda, meeting minutes (aka actions) should be taken and then in the next follow up meeting we review those actions and make additional ones. We are overloaded with functionality (Teams, Onenote, SP Lists, Planner, To-DO, Outlook) but none of these make managing a meeting easy and efficient. I don't want meeting actions (think tasks) ending up in individuals lists - Planner is good here but it doesn't hold the concept of a meeting easily. Either we end up with multiple plans for each meeting (too clunky) or we have to try and use buckets. The current teams meeting notes are next to useless for holding minutes and actions that can be tracked to completion and assigned to individuals or multiple people. Please can we have a solution designed by people who have managed organisations and people and are held accountable for making things happen.

As a user of teams and of one-note making one-not a "Capture Meeting notes in OneNote is huge. Adding a Workbook for a team ideally and possibly at a channel level] is massive. I can use the tags to mark-up content in the meeting notes to allow us to be more productive - e.g. capturing ideas and actions. The current meeting notes implementation using the wiki is very poor in comparison. Something like the Skype for business / exchange integration would be perfect so the OneNote page opens with the attendees listed etc.

I agree. This speaks directly to the foundation of what Teams is for, as well is as incorporation of S4B. This would be HUGE for anyone in the project management role.

I created a meeting notes in MS Teams desktop app, but the link doesn't generate a web URL. Is there a way to get a web URL since there is a SharePoint modern Teams site associated?

• Benoit Fournier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A way to share the agenda would make it a complete meeting solution.
    - Before:agenda;
    - During:online meeting;
    - After:minutes.

Feedback and Knowledge Base