How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Chat heads

Can you make a chat head feature like what we have in Facebook? It would be easier to go back and forth with your chat messages while you are doing something on other areas of MS teams (i.e. channels).

41 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sef shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
under review  ·  Warren responded  · 

We are looking into having multiple windows for Teams.

And thank you for the interesting idea!
-Warren

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A window takes up screen space and needs to be opened to see anything. Floating heads (akin to Facebook and (used to be Google Hangouts)) sit on the side of the screen, always above any other content.

The whole group can be closed, or individual ones can be closed to keep it under control (if you have a large number of groups).

This would allow our whole company to switch from Slack/Hangouts/normal skype

• Mikael J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree that a chat-window would be good, especially if discussing content in a Teams channel you currently need to jump back and forth between the Chat and the Teams...

• Steven Hibble commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know about chat heads, but I'd like a stripped down chat app (or window). As Teams is replacing Skype for Business, it would be nice to have a more comparable product for IM.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.