How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Time limit for editing/deleting posts

We would need an admin setting to set a time limit for how long users should be able to edit/delete their posts/conversations.
Owner should be able to delete without a limit but members should be able to edit/delete for example for only 15 minutes.

39 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Emanuela-Maria Marincus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree, as discussed today in MS Teams workshop, this feature would be very useful, but I think it's better to have a shorter time frame for edit/delete a message. For example under 30s after sending the message.

• Andy Dooley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am very surprised that this feature is not already present in Teams. I agree with what the others have already said. I would also add the ability to recall a post within a set amount of time.

• Sohail Omar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. This feature is available in Slack. You can set a time limit to edit or delete a message. I would recommend a separate setting for both options.

• Dhananjaya Tambe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I support this idea, except that the post should be editable only by the owner and too within a time limit (say 5 minutes). At present, we are not able to hold people accountable for what they post, because they can easily modify or delete a post that they made earlier.

Feedback and Knowledge Base