How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Create Planner Task from a Teams conversation

I would like to easily create a planner Task form a Teams conversation.
e.g.: @Microsoft task: Enable Planner Task creation from a Teams conversation

A Suggestion should help to set additional information e.g.: due date
By default the bucket should match the channel

187 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Martin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Dave B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My team could use this too...would be valuable to have. Quick planner task creation from the conversation so it is linked back would be great. And going the other direction, if a task status was marked "completed", drop a quick response to the conversation thread that an update on an associated was made. This would be amazing, the time savings even for my small team would probably be measured in several man-hours per week, as we spend a lot of time culling tasks from long conversations, and then later trying to find the conversations to update status of the tasks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is something I have tried creating in flow for some time now. This is much needed in my space.

• Adam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, ideas/tasks come up naturally in conversation / chat, which means you then instantly want to 'task' it so it does not get missed. Ideally there would be a 'create planner task' button which flips you over to Planner set up for that channel and creates you a task with a hyperlink back to that fragment of conversation. This provides background context, you then add the task title and further notes to describe the task required.

• ITMan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Most of the chats are requests for something. I wish I could link the conversation to a task like I could in our previous suite. Please, do it.
        Thanks

• Toh Ang Poh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree that this would help me in my manager role to track and monitor the varied conversations/channel that I participate in.

Looking forward to this feature.

• Erin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed - tasks come from conversations in Teams all the time. A simple click to add to Planner is an immediate need!

• Aaron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very obvious integration idea, and would be of tremendous value.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this feature is so obvious that it should have been integrated from the very beginning

• Andrey Pustovoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd say please integrate planner with conversations:

- @Planner - creates task, Creating a task in planner posts a message in conversations
        - Commenting on a task in planner adds replies to a message in conversations
        - Status from planner reflects as message color or corner tag in conversations

• fukuoka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want the function to register a task by right clicking on a conversation.

• Darren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Slack/Trello have has this for years! Would love to see it in Teams

Feedback and Knowledge Base