Shared Channels between Organizations
Slack is now supporting the following:
Shared Channels between Orgs: https://slackhq.com/introducing-shared-channels-where-you-can-work-with-anyone-in-slack-8c5d2a943f57
Private Shared Channels between Orgs: https://slackhq.com/private-shared-channels-are-now-available-b187046b1bea
Please ensure that Teams supports both of these features as they're likely to be considered critical requirements from a conversation-based collaboration platform in 2018.
The experience should be as follows:
1) Admin should be able to allow channels to be shared between orgs.
2) Teams members should be able to invite Guests to channels.
3) Teams members should be able to select who will externally be the "Self-Service Admin" of the channel on the other Orgs side.
4) Global Admins on both sides should always have control over Shared Channels.
5) Shared Channels should be labeled in some way as shared channels and they should be able to have Conditional Access policies applied accordingly.
6) Shared Channels should show up in a "Team" that uses the name of the other org. Example, Contoso shares with Fabrikam. User on Fabrikam sees a team called "Contoso" with a Shared Channel below that.
7) This should work on Desktop, Mobile, and Web without limitations.
This is important because it ensures that team members can collaborate across organizations more effectively and not potentially miss notifications.
this is all really important and we need this asap! please fix this microsoft. i say 'fix' because teams is 'broken' without these collaboration features...