How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

click to dial

Add Click-to-dial for tel protocol. Our staff makes a lot of calls and has to copy and paste phone numbers right now. Would love to see an option for Teams to handle "tel:" protocol or another option for the ability to click-to-dial phone numbers within a web browser. This needs to be supported on Windows and Mac.

85 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Rhett Wilson shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not seeing this but this thread should also cover the one click dial to join a Teams meeting:

+15555555555,,,confID,,#

... within the Teams meeting invitation so when you are on a Cell you are not flipping back and forth to dial and then enter the conference ID

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really strange this feature is not present straight after the launch of Teams(?) Key feature for a voip app.
        I think that's the reason why, the votes ont his feature is very low. Everybody thinks it should work already...

• Darryle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

click to dial actually seems to work with the "tel:" protocol so long as the phone number doesn't contain parentheses.

For example try click the number found at the top of this page and it will work: https://www.pcliquidations.com/

tel: is there now. I just tried to set it up 1-2 weeks ago, and tel: was definitely missing from set defaults. Today my coworker says "yeah, I did that, why didn't you?" and lo and behold, it's there for me now.

need to make a streamlined phone call interface - 1 to 1 calling - if wanting to take the place of the phone

• Andre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Great idea, we need this as otherwise the users will be confused because some program install helpers like Google Hangout. This is a must to help "change management" with users in a Teams Telephony scenario

• Travis Hodge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a carbon copy to what Skype has in it's outlook add in. Should be easy to implement and is a huge time saver for those clicking on meetings in transit to dial in.

Feedback and Knowledge Base