How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Embed channel in a sharepoint page through a webpart or Embed Code

We can pin a sharepoint as a tab, which is great. But when we are in the SharePoint UI, it seems there are no way to surface current conversations occuring in a specific channel of the team.

The suggestion is in conclusion to have like a "Microsoft Team webpart" for SharePoint, or a way to embed a channel in a sharepoint page

180 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Romain Dalle shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

16 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kalvin Chua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our customer (large enterprise) is requesting to embed channel to SharePoint as they not allowing all client to install Teams on their device, wonder is there any roadmap for this?
    We are pushing customer to migrate from SFB to Teams, this will be added point for us to promo if it can work. Please consider and help on this.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need chat capabilities, for both guest users and internal users. Making users sign up for Yammer isn't viable. This has to be an Open Source product, and OOTB ease. SharePoint collaboration teams just want to...collaborate. They are not interested in convoluted sign-ins and add-ins. Please MS - do this.

Not my opinion but we have a lot of Microsoft haters where I work. If I could hide the fact that it's actually a MS powered chat, Teams adoption would skyrocket. Let's get rolling on this ASAP.

Absolutely! We've been waiting for this to happen but it's really not looking promising at the moment... If nothing begins to move on this front soon, we might have to start looking other prodcuts and solutions completely.

Teams message chanels in SharePoint at least is badly needed! Microsoft wake up!

• Sanjay Akut commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This exists for Yammer, but we are moving away from Yammer and moving more into Teams so replacing the Yammer functionality with the equivalent Teams functionality is very important.

• Alexd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this, with teams client user don't use the full O365 experience we want to create a portal that let them use every tools with previewing the content

I am getting more and more requests for this function from my larger clients. While they use teams for collaboration, SharePoint is still the defacto document and Intranet system

• Laimonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi,

that kind of webpart would be awesome!
    our use case: we are relatively small consulting company(ca. 500 consultants), and we would like to use Teams chat for "outer circle" information recipients(Yammer candidates usually) as well as for the "inner circle"(project teams, departments, etc): Advantages would be:

- same mobile app, same entrance point for all work related communications and info flow.
    - Teams "visibility" from SP sites and vice versa

I do understand Microsofts concept of separating teamwork chat and global, company-wide chat, but our consultants have very small "time windows" to catch up with internal matters, - all the time and attention is towards our customers.

thanks!

Laimonas

• Linda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would go as far as to say I would like the ability to post a particular conversation on a channel to the news on a sharepoint communication site.
    Use case is we are using Teams internally for service alerts and when one of them must go public to the whole campus, this would be a nice feature to have.

• Elle Fie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a great way to differentiate from Slack, which does not have this sort of integration. You could even use the same permissions model as embedding arbitrary pages in SharePoint: Allow the Teams Embed Generator to specify which domains can embed the Teams Channel.

Feedback and Knowledge Base