How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add thread display options

Have an option to turn off threads in a channel and display all messages by time.

Set threads to be anchored by original post time.

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jonathan Stoller shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would honestly pay for this to avoid all the complaining as my team switches from Slack. Having used both there are a ton of things I think Teams does better but this is the one thing everyone reliably hates. I know this has been a complaint from other switchers. A simple setting within a Team would make so many people happier.

• marian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Option to display threads in order of creation would be very welcome.

Chronological view of threads is very important when multiple team members discussing several issues (threads); where currently the threads are constantly shifting position which is super annoying/confusing.

• R D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is something that would be extremely helpful. Currently it impacts the ability to see what's current based on a chronological view.

• Nicholas Turdo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The threads shuffling based on last comment instead of staying in order of original post has been an issue across my entire company. Makes it easy to miss questions and impossible to use for some of our projects.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.