How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Guests should be able to send files in private chats

Guest can send files/images inside channels but not inside private chats. Without that feature the communication with external developers or testers is almost not possible or had to be done inside a channel, which would disturb other team members.

85 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Martin Topfstedt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This urgently needed for private document sharing if we don't want to create multiple Teams.

I strongly hope that this feature will be implemented.
    Without this feature, we will have to use mail to send and receive files with the guest account!

• Erik Olsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs a fix. Currently my customers are 2nd class chat-members and have to email files to me (unless they have a link-sharing feature)

• Boris Kuhn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thats something that is really needed, as Long private Channels are not released.

Many companies are multi-tenant. I'm a 'guest' to our other companies on 5 tenants. It's so frustrating I can't send files to colleagues in a private chat! It's a basic principle of effective collaboration surely? Really surprised this hasn't been fixed yet. I have to resort to email as most of the time it's not appropriate to send within a channel.

Feedback and Knowledge Base