How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Guests should be able to send files in private chats

Guest can send files/images inside channels but not inside private chats. Without that feature the communication with external developers or testers is almost not possible or had to be done inside a channel, which would disturb other team members.

99 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Martin Topfstedt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Darren Pastore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This makes zero sense. If Teams is going to truly compete with the big buys like Goggle and Slack, they need to start paying attention to the full gamut of functionality.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This urgently needed for private document sharing if we don't want to create multiple Teams.

I strongly hope that this feature will be implemented.
    Without this feature, we will have to use mail to send and receive files with the guest account!

• Erik Olsson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Needs a fix. Currently my customers are 2nd class chat-members and have to email files to me (unless they have a link-sharing feature)

• Boris Kuhn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thats something that is really needed, as Long private Channels are not released.

Many companies are multi-tenant. I'm a 'guest' to our other companies on 5 tenants. It's so frustrating I can't send files to colleagues in a private chat! It's a basic principle of effective collaboration surely? Really surprised this hasn't been fixed yet. I have to resort to email as most of the time it's not appropriate to send within a channel.

Feedback and Knowledge Base