How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Mute headset microphone using physical mute button during Teams Meetings

During a Teams audio meeting, need to be able to control my mute status with my headset's physical mute button, like I can on Skype for Business.

Example headset: http://www.plantronics.com/us/product/blackwire-310-320

119 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Ethan Bergstrom shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Comments are closed An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alex (MS Teams, Microsoft) - was there a fix applied in 1.1.00.19257? Not having the mute/unmute issue either since the MS Teams update on Aug 1.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Running MS Teams Version 1.1.00.19257 (64-Bit) and latest Plantronics Firmware and Plantronics HUB Software all seems to work now: unmuting works again.

• Andreasvb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Possible workaround: Run Skype for Business (no need to login, just leave it running).

We have a Plantronics Blackwire 300 DA headset and it won't unmute once it's muted when Teams is running.

• Bishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I try clicking the answer button on two different logitech headsets it would not answer it. I had to click the on screen answer button which wastes time.

We've just started using Teams for collaboration, but use Cisco Jabber and WebEx for audio and voice conferencing. When Teams is open, mute/unmute doesn't work on the Cisco apps with our Plantronics headsets (C320, C520). Appears Teams locks the audiosrv.dll file from what we can ascertain....same problem as folk below. We can't adopt Teams fully until this is fixed.

New Plantronics hub software didn't fix issue, neither toggling with sounds Exclusive Mode.

• Paul Coleman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue as well, and appeared to start in the past week.

With Teams Open, I can MUTE, but the Unmute does not work on my Blackwire C320.
    Pressing the button makes the unmute sound, but it does not unmute.
    I can manually unmute from the Plantronics Hub however.

If I launch Skype for Business, the mute button works, and not logged into Skype.

I've reinstalled the Plantronics Hub, and the issue persists.

• Justin Constantino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm having the same issue as the last three commenters, which started this week.

Whenever Teams is running but NOT in a meeting, my headset (Plantronics Blackwire C435) will not unmute. It beeps but stays muted. This prevents me from using it in other applications. I have to quit Teams entirely, and keep it closed until I'm done using it in other applications.

Did a buggy update related to this get pushed prematurely?

This makes Teams basically unusable for me.

We are having the same issue. We use the Plantronics Blackwire 520. The mute button will not turn off unless Skype for Business is running at the same time Teams is running.

• Jimmy R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue as the one reported by Bob Grinsell today. This started happening last Thursday

• Bob Grinsell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the reverse problem; if I have MSTeams running, I cannot unmute my Plantronics Blackwire C510. I disabled Teams, mute button works again.

• Elan Shudnow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alex, any idea when this will be going out to a public release? This is the only thing that prevents me from fully moving over to using Teams.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just came to request this specific thing since we've started using more Teams meetings to replace Skype meetings. Any update on when we can look forward to seeing this in production?

• Heiko commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please also let us mute the mic by pressing a configurable key at the regular keyboard (like in other team-chat apps (TeamSpeak, Discord)).
    e.g. the scroll-lock-key (between Print and Break keys), that is usually unused since decades

• patrick_l commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

with a recent update to Teams this seems to work as long as I turn off Skype for business, which is still an annoying restriction.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.