How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add better support for full room cameras

We use this camera in our conference room: https://www.owllabs.com/. It is designed to show a 360 degree view and also focus on the speaker(s). When Teams does its own resizing of the video, it often cuts off portions of the view from this camera. It would be nice to force teams to always show the full perspective from this camera (even if it is resized smaller). It would also be nice to set this as a "primary" camera in the meeting, so that it is not resized smaller.

97 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jonathan M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jason Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of the rooms I call into have 360 degree tabletop cameras. That panoramic image is very important to me, since that is the only way I can tell who is present in the meeting without having to verbally ask.

• Blair Streit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with the posts here. Both the auto-cropping and inability to pick a primary view make adoption of improved videoconferencing solutions difficult with Teams. I can't believe this only has 80 votes.

Commenters, if your organization would like to use something like this, encourage some of your co-workers to upvote this.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the Meeting Owl is in the 4x4 view, I'd like to be able to click on one of the quadrants in order to force that pane to be the primary window of focus. This would move other windows along the bottom of the focus window.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That sounds like problematic, so much for wide angle camera of Teams just crop the image.

• Joel Asaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an issue for all wide angle cameras (most these days?) in conference rooms. Much (most?) of the room gets cutoff for the remote viewers. This is actually a deal stopping issue for Teams as a conference room video solution for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We don't use the owl camera but the wide angle view with our camera also gets cut off.

• Matt Jablonski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes during a demo of the Owl camera with Teams, Teams cut off a portion of the camera feed from the ones using the Owl camera.

• Jonathan M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternatively let the user select another user's video that they would like to view as "primary".

Feedback and Knowledge Base