How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Add better support for full room cameras

We use this camera in our conference room: https://www.owllabs.com/. It is designed to show a 360 degree view and also focus on the speaker(s). When Teams does its own resizing of the video, it often cuts off portions of the view from this camera. It would be nice to force teams to always show the full perspective from this camera (even if it is resized smaller). It would also be nice to set this as a "primary" camera in the meeting, so that it is not resized smaller.

185 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jonathan M shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

22 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • TomK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please fix this Microsoft. Owl was compatible with Skype, but now that Skype is a thing of the past we need the camera to be compatible with the Owl camera pronto-quicko!

• Ian Caldwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our company is committed to reducing our flight travel - so we need excellent e-meeting solutions. Teams works great, but more control is needed so we can support 360 degree cameras and similar professional video conferencing devices.

• MichaelF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have a Microsoft branded Polycom Round table and it cuts and crops with no panorama view. MS -please fix these small but annoying problems. People have bet on MS with Skype for Business and now Teams and your lack of support for existing equipment is killing us.

Hello - is this user voice feedback even being reviewed and curated anymore?

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've got my CEO going nuts at me because of this. I really sold the idea of Teams and how it has a user friendly interface. All the testing went great but it was all one to one. I got three rooms together and the cameras decided to cut most people out.
    It might be a great feature in some instances but I'd like to turn it off to just have a regular webcam view so we can include everything within the meeting.

• Wielligh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This feature is requested more and more inside our business as people are switching to TEAMS.
    The panoramic view with the focused views is something that is used often in Skype for Business and is missing in TEAMS. There are quite a few of these 360 cameras and they are growing in our huddle spaces and small meeting rooms. We can add Polycom CX5100 /CX5500 and Panacast to the list of user requests. In my case, it is also holding certain types of meetings rooms back from moving to TEAMS. So add my urgent request for this feature as well.

• TradeIT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let's get this one sorted - 360 cameras will be the norm for many meeting scenarios as it provides a great experience for remote attendees. Can't be so difficult to fix.

• Heath commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really hoping they fix this! If you have more than 1 person in a video call, Teams falls apart because of this issue. It's not even limited to wide-angle or panoramic cameras. It heavily cuts the left and right side of the video even with a standard camera. I appreciate them trying something out that is different from how Zoom manages video but if this is it then I would rather them copy the way Zoom manages video because Teams has done nothing but make video calling worse.

• Mark Wiseley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please Microsoft fix the video issues! Our cameras are used in conference rooms and it keeps cutting people’s faces off!

• Jose Pablo Vargas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

we are about to acquire this owl cameras and it will force our users to use another online meeting tool like zoom that supports 360 views. If this can be done it will be AMAZING for our 5000+ users organization.

• Jason Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A lot of the rooms I call into have 360 degree tabletop cameras. That panoramic image is very important to me, since that is the only way I can tell who is present in the meeting without having to verbally ask.

• Blair Streit commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with the posts here. Both the auto-cropping and inability to pick a primary view make adoption of improved videoconferencing solutions difficult with Teams. I can't believe this only has 80 votes.

Commenters, if your organization would like to use something like this, encourage some of your co-workers to upvote this.

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When the Meeting Owl is in the 4x4 view, I'd like to be able to click on one of the quadrants in order to force that pane to be the primary window of focus. This would move other windows along the bottom of the focus window.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That sounds like problematic, so much for wide angle camera of Teams just crop the image.

• Joel Asaro commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an issue for all wide angle cameras (most these days?) in conference rooms. Much (most?) of the room gets cutoff for the remote viewers. This is actually a deal stopping issue for Teams as a conference room video solution for us.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We don't use the owl camera but the wide angle view with our camera also gets cut off.

• Matt Jablonski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes during a demo of the Owl camera with Teams, Teams cut off a portion of the camera feed from the ones using the Owl camera.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base