How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

nicknames

allow the users

a) to set a own nickname, which could be displayed when people hover over my icon

OR

b) allow me to set individual nicknames (=additional data, remarks) for a contact and show that when I hover of them

OR

c) both (a+b)

74 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

11 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously, disliking our move to Teams, it's doing far too much for one product and it can't even get the basics right around things like nicknames.

Feedback active on this topic since 2017? - I don't think this is going to get priority.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add the ability for users to create nicknames for there colleagues, friends and teammates. My team is global and we just switched over to MS Teams. Please add this functionality it’s such an easy add on.

• MattC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed. The current implementation looks awful.. we're seeing this kind of format..

Last Name, First Name (Company Name)

• Charles (Chuck) Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us the ability to set own nickname, which could be displayed when people hover over my icon or allow me to set individual nicknames (=additional data, remarks) for a contact and show that when I hover over them

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

nicknames is required, full names is just stupid and confusing - this makes teams unusable compared to Slack

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.