How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

The desktop app always freezes

When I use TEAMs from my desktop it always freezes.

It’s not the computer, it’s been checked. It happens to my teammates as well.

26 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Jack LaVoy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Have this problem on a fairly regular basis, incredibly frustrating. If I'm using the laptop without monitors, I have found that closing the lid and reopening will "fix" the problem. If I'm using external monitors, I have found that unplugging one of them will "fix" the problem. So it seems that whenever the displays are reset, the desktop is restored. This is NOT a hardware issue and is most definitely something related to Teams.

• Doron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same problem! Once Teams is getting the focus, the machine freezes. Even in a middle of a call, the connection is still there and the audio conversation can continue, but the desktop is frozen.

• yanik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still having the issue. Often it freezes immediately after starting it. Happens on different laptops of multiple members of our team.

• Nadeem commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here. I have the feeling it started to happen when I started connecting my surface to multiple screens. When I use Teams only on my surface its better

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still happens to a number of users in my office running Win 7. In order to unfreeze it, I have to run task manager and kill all the Teams processes. This is slowing our acceptance of this tool.

• Jing commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The app freezes constantly. Any interaction with the app, selecting buttons, typing result if a freeze of 3+ seconds. Then the app starts working normally. If you haven't used the app after a couple of minutes, the same situation occurs again

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same issue here on multiple computers in our office. We are wanting to switch to Teams but isn't very promising if we are in the middle of meetings and everything has to stop.

Microsoft Teams? can you help

• Scott Varcoe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Windows desktop app is freezing every time I activate the window after it's been inactive for a while. Even just dragging or resizing the window won't work. Freezes for about 15 seconds and then becomes responsive again. Happens on 3 different computers, same account. This make the app almost unusable. Reinstall does not fix. This has been happening for 4-ish weeks. Current version is 1.1.00.5963 (64-bit)

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.