Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given that Skype for Business and logon script are competing for CPU, Teams is another that adds to the burden...It's not clear to me when Teams searches for updates (at launch or during use)?

• Jakob Strøm commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Over a year after and it is now clear that this will never be fixed.. What a bummer, could have been a great product..

• Tudor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's taking around 10 seconds just to start ... then it's slow everywhere.

I agree, the slow performance of this app on a brand new, top-of-the-line computer is unacceptable. This app needs to focus on doing its primary job well before getting into a bunch of useless-to-most-of-us add-ons. This app should start like lightning and clicking around in it should be blazing fast, I should not have issues starting the app three minutes ahead of a meeting and having to stress about how long it takes to initialize and get into the meeting.

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Though wiki on a group is a good ideia, editing there feels slow and becomes anoying. After that i noticed the hole package feels slow, thats why teams for me is odd.

When are Microsoft actually going to make a product that's better than before?
        This is terrible.
        Staff refuse to use it because it is clunky and slow. They use the competitor whatsapp instead because it frees them to actually be more productive.
        Notifications are slow.
        Switching channels is slow.
        Adding attachments is slow.
        Live chatting is slow.
        Launching the app is slow.
        Finding staff to add to a team is slow.
        Hmmmm.... There's a theme here.
        Just like the 100s of pages of User Voice search results for the word 'slow'.

... And you're going to kill Skype4B and drag them to this slow rubbish...?

• Greg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Microsoft devs, try using Whatsapp on your Websites client and see how fast it is!
        That's what teams need to be like.
        Our staff interact on collaborative documents over whatsapp because teams is sooooooo slow.
        Adding an attachment is even worse.

• Du Shruikan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's slow everywhere. In fact it seems MS has designed "slow" into every product released in the last few years. It's just an awful experience all around.

• DAvid Lebee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's too slow even to switch from one private conversation to another its cloggy if you chat alot with the same user it can even reach high lags, we are forced to clear the cache in our user files for it to become fast again.

Maybe add a clear cache button until its fixed?

• Robert Fletcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When i load Teams, it takes a long time to load the app. Once the app has loaded switching between the wiki, chat, and other tabs is very slow. I think it would be great if the Teams team spent some time and resources just improving the overall experience for its users. Teams is an important part of the O365, so I think before you add any more features then take a few updates and clean up some of the mess. Let's make it more stable and speedy.

• Hutch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@MF is right. Switching between the 'Chat' to 'Teams' tabs is pitifully slow even on 13 month old hardware it's actually mad that this software isn't more optimized running on the flagship OS made by the same manufacturer of the software AKA MS.

They should hire people from VS Code team. Both VS Code and Teams are electron based apps but VS Code is so much more optimized...

• Travis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You're web app is way more responsive. The bar at the top saying to download the desktop app for an even faster experience is a complete crock at this point.

Once the web app has the call functionality (hopefully with screen sharing) I see no reason to even download the app.

• William Salazar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On Windows 10, the Teams Client is slow and actually slows down the overall performance of my entire system. This is on a Surface Pro 3 iCore 7. The Slack client runs about twice as fast and does not affect the overall performance on my system

Teams is amazing, but it feels like the Teams Client needs to be 'fatter'. Changing between chat, activity, Teams seems to have some transitional jutter.
        Preload the interfaces perhaps?

• MF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Takes like 3 seconds to switch from Chat to Activities, feels like molasses

It's terribly slow everywhere. The entire Office 365 is 10x slower than G Suite. From OWA/Outlook, over Word & Excel, to MS Teams.

Feedback and Knowledge Base