How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Share video and audio during meetings

During meetings we need to be able to share an online video with team members. Videos could be in Stream or Youtube or Vimeo or others. And this includes sharing the video sound. Currently we use normal Teams screen sharing, but all team members on the call can either hear or see, the video/audio are always asynchronous.

389 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Mohamed Hassan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

While this feature is being tested, if you need to show a video clip in a TEAMS or TEAMS Live Event, here is what I do:
    I have a Black Magic Web presenter that I use regularly to incorporate the feeds from an A/V panel and a HD camera into TEAMS and Webex meetings. The web presenter treats the feed as a USB source replacing the webcam and USB headset. It also synchs the audio up with the video playback eliminating the latency issue.
    I take an HDMI out from a second laptop into my presenter laptop via the web presenter. I play the video clip back (sometimes the second laptop is a Mac playing back sing Playback Pro, sometimes it is a PC playing back using Windows Media app)
    Using this method avoids problems with low bandwidth attendees joining from home over home wi-fi (with a VPN running) because the size of the playback screen can be controlled to some degree by the attendee. It works, but the web presenter is not especially cheap.

• Rob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alex, can you provide us with an update on this feature? Your announcement that it was being tested was over two months ago.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a vitally necessary feature for our work, looking forward to its release. Thanks.

• Jami Breese commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be tremendously helpful as a feature in Teams. We frequently show videos, both hosted internally and externally, and making this more seamless would be a huge boon.

• Kim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see it's being tested. Please keep us updated. It's a core capability/requirement that needs to be implemented quickly.

Great to hear in testing - any updates - we have 30-40 members of staff (from 3000) who want to use teams as a recruiting tool but have to use Zoom because PPT won't play in the presentation.

• Tomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is essential for teaching so I urge you to get this done asap. We also need to be able to play audio files to our clients and podcasts. The other vital thing is to have more options for text formats. PDF and word at least.

• Another DisappointedUser commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is like Honda releasing a car that doesn't go in reverse but tells all the drivers they are "working on it". I must be able to play videos when presenting to my colleagues and clients. How about you make a product that works and THEN release it instead of releasing a half baked version of the software with the empty promise that it will get better. Purchasing GoTo meeting now, thanks again for the disappointment Microsoft.

Its a shame this hasn't been implemented yet. Teams has been around for 2 years and still nothing on this. How is Teams a collaboration tool when you can't share a video with others?

• Ben Poole commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi @Alex - Glad to hear this is internal testing. Can you share any details on how this feature will work? Will it be limited to any particular platform(s) or applications? Will it play Stream videos, YouTube, any media from the desktop, etc? Any limitations or caveats?

similar to zoom - check a box for share audio on screen share and option to optimise share for video

• mansukh vekaria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is an urgent need, we need to have better tools to share content and video sharing via teams when can we have this ready for use?

• Angus Lavin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Alex. Is this issue now fixed. I hold a weekly meeting with 40 staff and it would be really good if we could hear the video's being shared. They can see the image but not the sound.

• Joe Priestner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a requirement for a true collaboration tool. Otherwise, Teams is a very good product and it's becoming the standard in our organization for impromptu meetings.

• Duane commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have struggled with this as well. With all the great video content being produced by a variety of sources, it is great to be able to share with remote team members in a view/discuss kind of format. Trying to get everyone to start/stop in unison on their own instances is not very workable.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.