How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Android App does not work well with 2FA enabled

Our company recently turned on two factor authentication for our accounts. Now I can barely use Teams app on my phone. It's fine after a login, but after some time the app stops syncing and I cannot post anything or reply to chats. Some chats still come through, though. The most annoying thing - I cannot log out to log back in. Removing app from 'history' does not help. I have to either restart my phone or 'Force Stop' the app to get it back to normal. After a restart of force stop I am presented with login screen and everything works fine until it goes stale again.
Please fix.

12 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vladimir Mikhaylov shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vladimir Mikhaylov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More problems with 2FA. Now Teams app does not prompt me to enter code from SMS, just let's me in after I type my password. That results in all the users showing up as 'Unknown User'. I can still post in channels and see replies, but cannot use chat and not getting any notifications. Logging out & back in, stopping & restating app & phone, clearing cache & data and reinstalling the app have no effect. But once out IT disabled 2FA for my account, app started to work as expected.

Feedback and Knowledge Base