">

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Android App does not work well with 2FA enabled

Our company recently turned on two factor authentication for our accounts. Now I can barely use Teams app on my phone. It's fine after a login, but after some time the app stops syncing and I cannot post anything or reply to chats. Some chats still come through, though. The most annoying thing - I cannot log out to log back in. Removing app from 'history' does not help. I have to either restart my phone or 'Force Stop' the app to get it back to normal. After a restart of force stop I am presented with login screen and everything works fine until it goes stale again.
Please fix.

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Vladimir Mikhaylov shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Vladimir Mikhaylov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More problems with 2FA. Now Teams app does not prompt me to enter code from SMS, just let's me in after I type my password. That results in all the users showing up as 'Unknown User'. I can still post in channels and see replies, but cannot use chat and not getting any notifications. Logging out & back in, stopping & restating app & phone, clearing cache & data and reinstalling the app have no effect. But once out IT disabled 2FA for my account, app started to work as expected.

Feedback and Knowledge Base