or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Oskar Emil shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    declined  ·  Warren responded  · 

Feature team thanks you for the feedback but it isn’t truly actionable.

More concrete suggestions are recommended such as, “Please create a more compact chat layout” or “Increase density of the UI text elements”

-Warren

14 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Derek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given Microsoft's track record, the UI will never be as good as Slack's so I wouldn't get my hopes up.

• Anthony G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Id say review but we cant just copy slack, I have many issues with their UI, too text heavy

• Corey Kramek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Be Slack or Discord. This is terrible. Notifications never work consistently. Needing communication to be current and valid is essential when supporting millions healthcare. If you want to compete, remake this app because if it wasn't for requirement, I would not use it...period.

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed that it doesn't need to look like Slack, per se. But a cleaner, more compact design would be definitely be an improvement. Not sure what it is, but things just feel clunky/choppy at times on Teams as compared to Slack, IMO.

• LizP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't have to look like Slack just because we're used to Slack... Slack is actually clunky and Teams has the opportunity to be so much better. Just get the UI and UX right and this will be far superior to Slack. (Things like a more compact view, ability to log into and see different accounts from one window, etc.). The Slack UI and UX is actually not the best - let's not replicate their errors in Teams!!

• David Dugas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It doesn't even have to look like slack... JUST CLEAN IT UP!

The UI isn't intuitive or easy to onboard less tech savvy employees into.

• Kyle Paul Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Additionally I appreciate adding slash commands, but having them in yet another text box to me makes little sense and is really inconveinent.

• Filip Andre Larsen Tomren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I approve this as well. The whole idea of switching context between private chat and team chat is ridiculous. Also it is slow and buggy. Please fix every aspect of teams before pushing it out wide. In its current state it is not even good enough for closed beta compared to the available alternatives.

Feedback and Knowledge Base