How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Follow Up Ability

There should be an ability to make anything in Teams a follow up task (possibly link it to planner). If someone posts something, I want to be take that post and create a task with it for follow up. With this, similar to Outlook's summary page - I want a summary page in Teams, such as ALL current open tasks, new unread messages, etc.

99 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Kayla Meier shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Lance Moonshower commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is becoming a big deal for us as we really push for more Teams usage to REPLACE email. It's one of those things that people point to as a reason NOT to use Teams. Looks like this has been "Under Review" since 1/18/18 - can we get some sort of update?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With the flood of messages through Teams chats or channel messages, you quickly get to the point where you need follow-up options because you can't get to multiple things at once. Currently, you only have the option to mark as unread or bookmark (not readily visible). While bookmark might go the right direction, it should comprise options such as tags, filters, reminder function, send to To Do or Planner, share. Once you rely on Teams for your complete internal communication, you are confronted with a flood of messages that will easily become overwhelming with the current tools.

• Brett Gilleo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently, I use the follow-up feature in Outlook email, as a way to ensure emails are reviewed and follow-up on, by staff. There does not appear to be a way to do this in Teams. Managers and staff need to be able to follow-up on conversations or convert them into a task in outlook and/or planner.

• STefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great. Best Idea ever. As we want to shift our whole eMail conversation to MS Teams, I´ve realized that there is such a follow-up function missing. It´s not possible to keep the overview otherwise. Integration to Planner or MS To-Do would be great. Thanks

• Shelly Avery commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I love this idea and have been needing something like this for a while. I love teams and get most of my work done here, but I need a way to remind myself of posts or comments that I need to follow up with. I would much prefer a "personal" follow up list or task list on the left navigation than in planner, as my follow up items are mine not nessasaraly the teams. I would love it if my Teams Flagged tasks and Outlook flagged tasks could all populate in ToDo, then we would really be offering a great end user experience.

• Steve Whitcher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Planner sounds like a good option, but I'd also like to see integration with Microsoft ToDo. Let me just flag a conversation item to have it automatically added to my ToDo list.

• David commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think integration with Planner (and thus with outlooks tasks) is key to success here. We have multiple managers that are looking at using planner heavily once we do our general rollout of O365 in a couple weeks. Allowing them to set and follow up on tasks in Teams (which create groups in planner anyways since it is all pulled from the O365 groups) would make Teams the go to app for intra-office collaboration.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I'm looking for:

+ in conversations, for the ability to set a reminder for myself to check I've received a response to a question I've posted. Just like in Outlook. Integration with Outlook reminders would be an additional benefit. It's easy to lose track. Having a flag which can be clicked and the follow-up/action set and assigned would be ideal along with a summary (like in notifications) of all actions on my and those I've asked others to do

+ in conversations, for the ability to assign a task for someone else. e.g. Dear Bob, can you paint the wall by Tuesday.

+ in the wiki, for the ability to assign a task for someone else

+ in the wiki, for the ability to set a reminder for myself. I use the wiki as a repository for meeting minutes (notes) and having actions separately list in planner isn't easy to use. I'd like to set an action in the meeting minutes and then see if it's done or not in those notes.

e.g.

Notes:
    - we did this
    - we did that

Actions:
    - bob do this
    - jane do that <-- MS Note has the concept of highlighting and marking for follow up

Feedback and Knowledge Base