How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Move task (planner) from channel to channel

I have a set of task in Team A>> Channel A. I would like that ability to move one or more task in the current channel to another team: Team B >> Channel B.

73 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Quy Nguyen shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Gagan Wadhwa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a way to move Planner to other channel.
    Add Planner to the channel and use 'existing plan' option and select the task group/planner (you can't select specific Task to move) you created in previous channel. It will copy into the new channel. Hope this helps.

• Wendy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with everyone else. It is such a waste of time to have to keep recreating tasks in other channels. We use our to escalate issues. We want to escalate an issue from one channel to another. This should have been part of the original launch.

• Jon Moss commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Mindboggling that this isn't a feature. It appears I can drag-and-drop tasks to reorder them in the current tab but I can't drag-and-drop to a different channel. What a waste of time! I created a ton of tasks that I now have to recreate in several other different channels because I wrongly assumed I would be able to move the tasks to the appropriate place.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes I agree! We need to be able to move tasks to other channels. Reorganizing tasks is the key to having a good adoption rate with your staff, teams and organization.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Teams-Planner Tasks managing :
    I explain my use case. To prepare my job I have created a thread of tasks within the Planner of a Teams account. Other people did the equivalent job. Then we realized that we needed to reorganize the tasks threads of this channel to move some in another channel. But we can't move tasks or a task thread from this channel to a new one, all the job must be done again, wasting time.

It would be very useful to be able to copy or to move a task from a thread, or an entire Tasks thread of a Teams-Planner's channel to a thread of another channel of this Teams-Planner, selecting the Teams channel.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.