How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Need Better clarity / functionality around archiving or exporting channels / threads

I understand that Teams archives for retention purposes, but we need to have the ability to archive for organization purposes channels associated with projects that are complete. We don't want to set up a new "Team" every time there is a new project, as typically the same "Team" works on multiple projects. Instead, it would be great to be able to archive a Channel, however keeping that Channel as part of the searchable/indexed materials (so that a user could later keyword search for items in an archived Channel).

What should also be possible is to "export" a channel conversation to OneNote. This would be another and convenient way to archive the conversation and keep its contents searchable

54 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kirk Doupe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being able to archive the files posted within the channel is fairly straight forward but often times the dialog within the posts/conversations and updates that have occurred during the progression on the project provide documentation that could be used as reference as in the future. I am regularly searching the conversations tab for an update that I read, or a link that was posted. If I ever need that ability to do that after the project has been ending, I would like to be able to access it.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.