How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

chat feature pop ontop of where you are working in Teams

When working on Word within Teams Desktop application it would be nice for new chat update to pop ontop of the word doc, or at the side if seleceted. At the moment you come out of the word doc into the Chat section, then need to go back into files and find the file you were working on.

12 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Steven MacDonald shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Kari Yates commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i would LOVE this addition. All too many times, I will be updating something in our planner app tab and then go to respond to a chat and loose all my work. Its very frusterating.

• Cian O'Byrne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a huge advantage - at the moment, we still use Skype so Skype and Teams work well together for fast paced workstream collaboration - once we loose Skype, if we are forced to jump out of documents that take say five or ten seconds to load, just to see what the next message is in a chat channel, it will slow things down considerably - and we may resort to using something like, say ... Slack for chat...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.