Clearer incoming call UI
For Android. Currently when there is an incoming call:
- the purple angled phone icon is for ACCEPT
- the red horizontal phone icon is for REJECT
I find this design confusing. On multiple occasions, I have accidentally rejected the call because (I'm trying to think what I was thinking when I clicked the red button):
- The ACCEPT button doesn't have an attention grabbing colour that indicates positive action; the purple ACCEPT button doesn't stand out because purple is the overall colour of Teams UI
- The REJECT button in red stands out, and in absence of another "call to action" colour (like, green v red, or blue v red), I was fooled into thinking red means pick up, because in absence of a positive colour, red doesn't necessarily mean negative action. Hence I processed the red REJECT button as the ACCEPT button. We all know what happened after that. LOL.
- The ACCEPT and REJECT buttons are positioned quite near to each other rather than on opposite ends, this means the positions don't strongly quickly indicate these two buttons perform opposite actions, and also, it is easier for the user to accidentally click the wrong button.
I'm not a very nitpicking person when it comes to UI design but this has tripped me countless times it is one of those UI quirks that really irks me. Please at least give this UI a consideration. Thank you!
Darryl Ross commented
Please make the accept call button green. I either just press the red button, or it takes me so long to find the purple button that the call times out.
This is alos valid for Windows 10 client. I also press the wrong button (reject) a number of times - please make accept green again like in skype.
stefano zammattio commented
Absolutely agree, you're not alone, I keep pressing the red button (unintentionally) as well