How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Guest Access to see Planner Tasks

Hello, I have a question about MS Teams Guest Access. Is there any working on Guest acces to login-sign in MS teams planner or tasks?
Guest Accounts can see chat, folders etc but can not open planner tasks ?
Thanks.

241 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ralph Höfliger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a consulting company we often work with guests in Teams. This feature is a MUST to work with Teams!
    What does "soon" mean?
    If it takes another month to fix this issue, we feel forced to use another collaboration tool :((

• Arielle Pine commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update with the Guess Planner access for IOS? I have Android and see that it works under setting I can switch to my guest account but most of my team have IOS and we do not see this function at all. Any update?

• MichaelP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Guest I can use Planner in browser Teams environment, but via mobile (iOS: Teams app or via Planner app) I can't acces the Plans where I'm in as a Guest.

• melanie marsh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update for this? I had guests view planner in the past but they are now getting an oops message

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates to this? I'm a guest and unable to view Planner activities, tasks etc.

• Txema commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi everyone,

i'm just another Company with the same trouble: guests to Planner can't neither create nor read comments. Please Admin Team sort it out asap! Thank you.

This works for me as of 6/8/2018. However external users cannot add comments, and cannot upload files from their computer.

• Donald Small commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Really need this to work. Working with an external vendor and need to use Planner. They can see everything but comments on the Tasks. Also not getting notifications.

• Marek Czarzbon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

With a small trick it is working already. If you are in Teams and go as Guest to the tab with Planner. Could be you see nothing..but if you click on the rights site and open the plan in the Planner Web App, then you will see the plan and the tasks.
    Afterwords you will see the tasks in Teams as well. Seems to be an authentification issue.

• Stefan Soyka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a date when this is fixed? There was a published lauch date under April 2018. This was last month :)

• LauraC commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Glad to see that I'm not the only one needing this so urgently. Need trusted external people to access our Team. They have Microsoft 365 accounts so it should be feasible.

I need this urgently to collaborate with other companies in the completion of tasks. We have technicians reporting to other people in other companies and want to build a task assignment system with planner

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base