How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Export your conversations to a document.

it would nice to have the feature to export your conversation to a document such as a word document or excel or to a file alike. this would be Handy if you need to send out the conversations to someone who you would not normally have apart of your team. this would save time and make it more user friendly. Also it will give the opportunity to store the conversation easily in a nother file

385 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

55 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Graham commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Unbelievable this is not already included. Surely, exporting anything just to a text file is a basic requirement of any program...! Bonkers that it isn't available.

• Jerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is needed urgently to be able to be copied into other systems and formats. I don't understand why this isn't a feature already??

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need export functionality to archive conversations on the project site and delete team after project is completed.

• Tyler Schlief commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is necessary mostly because there is a copy/paste limitation within a thread body: I can only select a small number of entries to copy, which is not ideal. At the very least make it like Skype was.

• IoT Chris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a support technician, I chat with users for clients, at the resolution I need to provide a transcript of the time spent with users as an attachment to my timesheet entry, so far I can only really provide screenshots.

This would allow a cleanup of colleagues who have left the organization, reducing clutter in TEAMS, yet maintain a log of the conversations.

• Reid Hutchison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Making sure that colleagues can catch up with the chat from a Teams meeting is an essential function to encourage greater take up of Teams meetings. Another vote for an easy way to export chat to accompany meeting recording.

• Fiona Perry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When not all colleagues are able to attend a Teams meeting we record it so that they can catch up later. The meeting recording can easily be shared after the meeting, but the chat is only open to those who attended. Being able to export the chat to accompany the meeting recording would be very useful.

I'm working collaboratively with the IT department and conversations needed to be recorded for creating a project reports. It would be useful to have a way to save the conversation!

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.