How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Delete Team without deleting Office Group

I can create a Team and it creates an O365 group. If I delete the Team the O365 group will be deleted too. Good and fine. BUT - If I create a Team an option is offered to create a Team for an existing O365 group. Once created I am unable to delete the Teams Team without deleting the O365 group. Please help.

77 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jascha Vincke shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • mk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we need this. There should be option/feature to disassociate services ,e.g.Teams, Yammer, Planner, PowerBI etc.. from an O365 Group. Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm in the same boat. There should be a way to remove the link and delete the Team portion.

• Scott White commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such a headache, as user can create teams and often choose to link the to existing o365 groups. Then when the project or need for the team ends they delete the group, eliminating the office 365 group. If the mail admin restores the group in office 365, the teams group shows up again! The users delete the team again and we go round and round in circles. In the case where Teams links to an exiting office 365 group a deletion of the group in Teams should simply "unlink" from the exiting group.

• Stephanie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If there is an option to overlay Teams onto an Office365 Group, there should also be an option to peel it off without affecting the Group and SharePoint site.

• mattj1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A related scenario:
        You create an O365 group, which automatically creates a SharePoint site.
        You want to keep group but have no need for the site.

I would like to delete the site without deleting the group.

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We just got Teams in our GCC tenant last week. A few site owners unintentionally added Teams functionality to their Modern Team Site and it created a bunch of confusion and has unwanted effects. As a result we disabled Teams in our tenant. We need a way to delete the Team without deleting the MTS and associated O365 Group before we re-enable Teams in our tenant. Please hurry - we have one group of users that loves the Teams functionality after 3 days of using it and now they cannot use it!

• Laco Vosika commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

or at least allow to delete team, delete group but then we group is recovered, don't recover team. At the moment the Team comes back too

We use O365 groups for many purposes! Please add option to leave group when deleting a team.

YES! for example we need to delete some team, bud we need to use its Sharepoint site. so at least some function how to convert (or "unpin") shareoint team site created by teams to normal sharepoint team site. Please

Feedback and Knowledge Base