How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

scroll to zoom reversed

Scrolling to zoom into an image is reversed to what it should be. This behavior is on both mouse wheels and on the magic trackpad for mac

11 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

jesse lieberg shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you have experienced this could you please confirm in the topic comments if this is still happening for you?

The zoom feature has been released on PC and I’m hoping it also resolved this odd experience but please let me know!
    -Warren

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is such an infuriating issue, I wish this program would do anything correctly.

Microsoft Paint: Scrolling up zooms in. Scrolling down zooms out.
        Microsoft Word: Scrolling up zooms in. Scrolling down zooms out.
        Microsoft Excel: Scrolling up zooms in. Scrolling down zooms out.
        Microsoft Outlook: Scrolling up zooms in. Scrolling down zooms out.
        Microsoft Teams: Scrolling up zooms OUT. Scrolling down zooms IN.

Above you can see Microsoft specific examples where scrolling up zooms in and scrolling down zooms out. Scrolling up should make the image occupy more space on the screen. Scrolling down should make the image occupy less space on the screen. This is a Microsoft standard that needs to be followed.

When zooming in on an image and using a Mac Trackpad, the "scroll" motion should be used to pan in this situation. This is how it functions in Slack, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. I would much prefer clicking to zoom and then being able to pan the image with a motion on the trackpad. The scroll/zoom thing is very hard to control and unexpected every time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base