How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

planner does not allow to attach file - only links

When using Planner inside microsoft teams there is no possibility to attach file to the task. in web version of planner it is.

44 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This idea has been open since November 2017 without resolution. I am still having this issue in July 2019.

• Oscar Calaf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think this could be workarounded just uploading the files previously to a known folder of this team sharepoint, then you could just link to this sharepoint files from planner in teams app.

• M.S. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not sure why this essential feature is missing in MS Teams app while exists on web version.
    Please add the option to attach local files.

This is a real mess. I have to go to the Web-App (https://tasks.office.com) to be able to attach files.
    I can consume the files in the Planner-App of Teams but I cannot attach new files.
    This is the same for the Web-App and the Desktop App of Teams.

I hope that this can be corrected soon.

Agreed - I would like to be able to attach an Outlook email as reference for a project. I also cannot attach more than one link right now, which is necessary

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.