(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gustavo Fischer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  AdminAlex (Teams Engineering, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

The team is still working on this fix, as part of a larger design change. Given internal feedback, it has been decided the current design isn’t ready for primetime.

In the meantime, someone discovered that triple clicking will actually select all of the text. I know we want the real fix, but thought I’d share.

Thanks for your patience.

169 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark Downes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How did someone think this was a good idea, and why isn't it fixed? So I guess agile isn't used in any way for development of MS Teams (because responding to user feedback lol)

• Brian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Part of a larger design change?? You sand ****** Indians are incompetent pieces of ****. This was opened in 2017. Thank you for your patience????????????

• Ian Caldwell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hiding text on roll-over just seems like bad UI - this points to a lack of real user testing - there is always a strong need to properly cut and paste from conversations. Please never, ever hide text on roll-over. This needs a prioritized fix.

• Sean commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we get an update on this? I have to have people send me random text/words after the bit to copy just so I can highlight what I need. This is fun to explain to people...

• Roger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Fix for this problem, by the Teams Engineering Microsoft Team:

1- Triple click the text that is hidden by the thumbup (what a waste of time BTW, you should call it the Boss Licking Button)
        2- Paste this text in notepad
        3- Select the desired information, let's say a phone number
        4- Paste the info in the desired app

This easy to solve problem is the worst of all on MS Team. Just got migrated from Sametime to Team. Second worst thing is I can't add a contact in my contact list without ...
        1- write the name in searchbar and then click contact
        2- Click the wanted contact, it opens a chatbox
        3-Then you would think there is a button to add contact to contact list... so you search and search... but no button there
        4- You have to click the chat panel, then recent, then scroll down to the bottom of the list, because that where the most recent is suppose to be... at The bottom.
        5- rightclck the draft conversion and add to favourite contact

What is wrong with MS engineers?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you put a temporary fix in, at least?! This makes teams a NIGHTMARE when people share sensitive information you need to copy verbatim. "Design not ready" don't give us this answer, it's utterly ridiculous you can't fix such a simple issue after YEARS. Any programmer could fix this issue in 5 minutes after looking at the code naked for the first time. WAKE UP MICROSOFT

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

move the like button out of the chat box please!!!! It is extremely annoying when you try to copy/select a line of text in the chat and then the like button and "more option" button just completely block the end part of the text.

• Serge Dudnic commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Alex, who did design it, was not very inspired !
        it's impossible to read or select the one-line text with this covering, I don't even talk about multi-quote selection.... what a ****** chat should be, if you can't select what you just typed !

• jpollocktech@gmail.com commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Highlighting over a piece of chat text gives the flag options. Thee absolutely need to be moved. Typical highlighting text to copy becomes extremely difficult. Get the pop up buttons OUT of the chat area.
        See example attached image. Its annoying as ****. Caused me to smash a mouse.

• André commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I want to copy a text on the message, it's being covered by message options, this is really annoying.

The genius coming up with dots menu idea never worked in real environment. Messaging is used to share URLs, user names, passwords, etc by infrastructure teams almost exclusively. When production is down and you are the one on call having credentials in front of you but not able to select .. oh my

What a ****** product, and service to boot. But since it is Microsoft who has taken over skype - who could possibly be surprised by this? I see that MS has completely stopped responding to this thread. Too complicated to resolve this?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 8 9

Feedback and Knowledge Base