(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Gustavo Fischer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  AdminAlex (Teams Engineering, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

The team is still working on this fix, as part of a larger design change. Given internal feedback, it has been decided the current design isn’t ready for primetime.

In the meantime, someone discovered that triple clicking will actually select all of the text. I know we want the real fix, but thought I’d share.

Thanks for your patience.

191 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter Annabel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we just get an option to disable? I don't need an entire redesign. Just turn the feature off.

• WTF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Laughably bad UI. And MSFT wonders why customers will never trust Defender ATP regardless of how well they may tailor the logic to score high on Gartner.

• EP commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When I try to copy some text (and especially link) from chat message icons appear on the right and obscure the text making it impossible to copy. For first user's message icons appear on name, date, time line, but for subsequent messages there is no such "header" thus text is covered.
        Is no one in Microsoft using Teams? This is basics. Everyone must have noticed this issue yet no one fixed it.

• Callon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's really hard to try and select all or part of a message to COPY it without the context menu (...) showing up. Can you make this easier to use...either provide a menu option to copy message or dont show the menu when trying to select all or part of it.

• Llewellyn Roos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are using a workaround: if you right-click somewhere in the chat area, the context menu (Copy... ) takes focus and prevents the floating buttons from appearing on mouse-over. It's less than ideal.

• Llewellyn Roos commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For people with low vision that rely on Windows Magnifier to read content in the Teams chat window, the hover toolbar obscures the text under the cursor, making it impossible to read the text in the magnifier window. I'd like to see better options for the placement of the icons.

This would also resolve related issue https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/35825875-better-support-to-copy

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The can be fixed in a day if you allocate some resources.... come on Microsoft!

• Tom commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"triple clicking will actually select all of the text" - is not a good workaround because it copies the username and timestamp as well.

• Vidas Drevinskas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When user types multiple messages it is impossible to select last message words from following messages.

See attachments

• Dalton Spranger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Given all the activity on this issue that still hasn't been resolved and impacts users negatively on a daily basis, could you please get this fixed? If other issues like this persist, we may have to look to alternatives to Microsoft Teams such as Slack.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Somebody sent me an message with link in the end

When I tried to click the link, it popped with ‘…’ + unsaved this message ico, and like ico which are usually not useful at all, while block me to do the most important thing

detail screenshot, please check attachment

• Angel Molina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree!,

This 'feature' is very annoying, specially when trying to copy something from the end of the comment this ellipses popup blocks everything and makes it next to impossible to select the text.

• Kenneth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When using Chat in teams, the small icons (more options, save this message, lile) are blocking the way when highlighting a particular text. Anyway it can have a different box so it won't get in the way?

• Adondriel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

last update november... how long does it take to do the UI design for Teams? I could come up with a cohesive design in seconds, that would fix 90% of the woes we are all facing.

• TJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hard to select text for copying purposes in a chat when hovering over the message causes a pop-up of options that cover the text. Cannot select all characters within an Instant Message as it is covered by the "three dots and thumbs up" options that overlap the texts. Perhaps those options should show to the right of the text instead of over the text?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10

Feedback and Knowledge Base