How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

undocking video window

allow for the small video window in the top left to undock for multimonitor support. If I want to chat, or make updates, but I also want to see someone elses screen, or video in a large picture, it would be very helpful.

89 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Jordan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Bruce McLelllan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

In addition to the ability to undock the video, I also want total flexibility to resize/minimize individual feeds. Nothing more annoying than losing half your screen to an audio only participant... I have multiple monitors and would like to take advantage of this by moving the individual video feeds/stage to different monitors as I see fit. The option of undocking the gallery is available in Skype for Business and I’m curious why teams provides a worse experience given it is supposed to be an improvement on SfB. As video conferencing is becoming more and more prevalent, this really needs to be prioritized. Thanks

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, we need variable sized windows. When I turn on chat, I'd like to see an option to have it on the side of the window, with the video still large.
    Keep up the great work.

• Grzegorz Szukowski commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to go further ... It would be very helpful to undock any chat to "spy" several conversations at the same time.

Feedback and Knowledge Base