How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to check call quality ahead of calls/meetings

Skype for Business has a way to check your call quality so you can hear how you sound. Teams really needs this as well. I've had a few calls where I can hear the audience clearly, however they say my audio quality is poor.

I'd like the ability check and see how I sound before I join a Teams meeting or make a call.

251 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Randy Chapman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

29 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry Anonymous, but I have had great audio quality with Teams and the user interface is light years ahead of the decades-old piece of junk that SfB was. It was basically MS NetMeeting (yep, as in the one that came out in 1996) with a lick of Skype-colored paint, imo. Thanks Teams team for more great updates - Looking forward to testing test calls!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is it possible to switch back to SfB? The audio quality on MS Teams is awful. We're back to using a speaker phone until we can find another solution for video calls. So disappointed that MS took a product that worked well and turned it into something unusable.

Trying to get MS-Teams to be adopted by agile teams in multiple sites . This would be a useful function to add

• James Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Warren Is there any time frame or indication as to when this would be moved into being worked on? I understand the issue may seems like a small grievance but it impacts producivity if everyone is trying to figure out if their Mic is working in the chat. Not having it working also makes you seem unprofessional. I've personally had this happen because Teams just won't route the Mic I've got selected even though the mic works in windows.

As an IT service provider, this is one of the biggest failings of Teams. I can get it working for me and my team, but as soon as I try to bring in a third party they struggle and we often have to revert to plain old telephone or some other competitor service.

• Pontus Gagge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If networks, peripherals and Teams were always reliable, this feature wouldn't be so badly needed. They aren't, and it is.

• MathIT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Warren - Is there someplace we can go to see the "Road Ahead" for Teams?

Even if I have my USB headset as default, and it works in S4B, the default mic never works in Teams. I have to unplug it every time to re-set it for Teams.
    To be able to test the mic prior to an important call, or even an internal meeting with several participants, is crucial for running an efficient business.
    My company is changing to Teams as default instead of S4B, but I don't trust it's quality for conference calls, so still prefer S4B.

• Sylvia Merino commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ridiculous that this feature doesn't exist. It is standard for usability... being able to test your equipment before a big important meeting. We waste 5 or more minutes at the start of EVERY meeting telling people we can't hear them. It not only wastes time of UMPTEEN people being paid expensive salaries, it's also annoying and makes people hate the technology. Let's add up the cost in real salary AND the cost to reputation of Micro$oft.

• Filip Klintenstedt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really TRY to use MS Teams over S4B as much as I can. But I very often get (despite my device default setting should be ok) the result that the peer I call cannot hear me.
    I have stopped using teams for calls now since I can't really figure out why it won't work when there is no option to test it properly.
    Would much appreciate this (of course would appreciate it just working more but the settings look right)

• Sandra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

anything new on this ? We are starting to test this in our environment and issue with audio will hold us back from using it.

• Carry Megens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you Warren for keeping us in the loop: 9 september 2018
    This request is still on the backlog. How about now?

Was excited to see this feature in Office 365. First connection and echo from both parties. Switched to SfB and no echo. It worked without a problem. Whatever SfB does to co edition audio Teams should do. Teams looks like superior groupware but doesnt allow the group to communicate. Fundamental fail. Please fix MS.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base