How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Ability to check call quality ahead of calls/meetings

Skype for Business has a way to check your call quality so you can hear how you sound. Teams really needs this as well. I've had a few calls where I can hear the audience clearly, however they say my audio quality is poor.

I'd like the ability check and see how I sound before I join a Teams meeting or make a call.

97 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Randy Chapman shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Wim Groffils commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We would realy appreciate this feature. It would be verry usefull to share some kind of test link to partners that don't use teams. Like this they can test their hardware before actualy joining a call/meeting.

• Alessandro Appiani commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Endpoint device and audio/video quality is key for user adoption. Test audio/video before calls and meeting help a lot.

• Ulf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes, chat is usually not hassle and not real time, but only be able to "test" audio during an actual call is a problem

• Todd commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Microsoft should provide a synthetic meeting so users can test hardware and config prior to their first meeting.create a test meeting.

• Daniel Gomez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There doesn't seem to be a way to test audio within Teams. This would be a helpful addition to test input as well as playback before a meeting.

Feedback and Knowledge Base