How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Increase User Limit Above 2500

Will need the team user limit to increase well beyond 2500 users to allow for company wide communications.

172 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminAlex (Teams Engineering, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

We are pleased to announce general availability of 5,000 member teams. Starting today, all new and existing teams can accommodate up to 5,000 members, double the previous limit. Larger groups can now collaborate effortlessly in a single team and leaders can connect with a broad audience within their organization.

Thanks for the feedback, and for being great Teams users!

29 comments

Comments are closed
    • Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this? This is a show stopper for us right now.

• Ryan Spooner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur. We needed a team where every new user we added to Teams would be a member to help them with training guides, allow them to ask questions, and give them handy quick reference material, as well as give them a safe place to experiment (Experimentation channel). So when I discovered the org-wide setting, I rejoiced. Then I realised the member limit of 2500.

What happens when that number is reached? Do new people no longer get added? Does it dump older ones?

We're early on our road to adoption, but we have around 7500 users globally. Only around 350 are on Teams so far. Im concerned about what will happen as the rollout progresses.

I can't even remove the early adopters can I? It'll just add them back in again. Can they even Leave if they want?

Also, while I've got your attention ;) ... Can we please stop automatically making all of the global admins on our Azure tenancy (a role that is annoyingly shared with Office 365, yet the two are owned by totally different teams in my organisation) an Owner of Org-wide teams. *I* want to decide who's manages this team, not the Azure portal admins.

• Franz Miltner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As the company wide team is now coming for those with less than 2500 users, bigger companies miss out here

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hm, this seems to be well beyond review because Roshin Ramesan, Principal Program Manager for Microsoft Teams announced already months ago that the limit will be changed to 5000 (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSDse2Ghsag). Can we expect that also org-wide teams will be increased to 5000?

Unfortunately, 5000 will still not be quite enough for us, but it's good to see this change coming.

• Christoph commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It puzzles me what the purpose of this low limit is. Is the code really so bad that larger teams will lead to performance problems? Also, I don't understand why the limit for org-wide teams is even lower (1000) (see here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/limits-specifications-teams).

Would be great to have an update where Microsoft is heading with this. If those limits are here to stay, they are easily a dealbreaker for large organizations, cause using Yammer longside with Teams is not a neat solution at all...

• Ellya Gold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The SharePoint farm I helped create had 5 million users, it's now on Office 365. We provisioned up to 40,000 users per day in Active Directory...2,500 limit won't cut the mustard here :)

• Jerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have over 100,000 users and even a single division can not fit in 2,500 users. Please increase this limit to compete with Slack.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello, has anyone reviewed this at MS? This is very sorely needed for any sizeable company with revenues over $1B.

• Anderson Dinga commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2500 is not enough. 5000 is not enough either. Please bump limit to 10,000 to appeal to enterprise organizations.

• Denny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have more then 10k Office 365 users. So the option will be to disable any limits, or better, create special channels for company wide information like Slack has.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base